- Are you noticing difficulty driving at night due to glare from oncoming headlights and street lights?
- Do you find yourself cleaning your eyeglasses frequently?
- Do you find everything looking hazy or smokey?
- When you look at a white wall or white piece of paper, does it appear to be slightly yellow in color?
- Do you find yourself calling something one color while others around you are describing it as a different color?
- Do you find yourself needing more light to read something than you used to?
- Are you having trouble reading street signs when you are in an unfamiliar or dimly lit area?
If you are over age 50 and answered “yes” to any of these questions, there is a good chance that you have a cataract that is affecting your vision.
Only a thorough eye exam and state of the art diagnostic testing such as that done at Dr. Corwin’s office will be able to tell for sure if this is your problem or if there is some other explanation for your symptoms. We will be more than happy to schedule an appointment for you.
If you are having any of these symptoms, most likely your medical insurance will cover the exam. You do not need special “vision” insurance to be checked for a cataract.