Ashish Toor, M.D. is a board-certified ophthalmologist who provides comprehensive medical eye care for adults and children. Dr. Toor earned her medical degree from the University of Cambridge in 2003, graduating in the top 1% of her class. She was a recipient of the Cambridge Commonwealth Trust Scholarship and William Harvey Studentship for academic excellence. Her internship in Internal Medicine was fulfilled at the Elmhurst Hospital Center, New York, where she was voted Intern of the Year. She completed both a clinical research fellowship in glaucoma as well as her residency in Ophthalmology at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York. She is affiliated with the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the Ventura County Ophthalmological Society, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO). Dr Toor has a keen desire to give back to her community, has volunteered at free eye clinics for the underserved in Norwalk CA and Simi Valley, CA. Outside her professional life, she enjoys running, swimming, cooking, travelling and spending time with her family and 2 dogs.
Services provided include:
- Comprehensive adult eye exams
- Pediatric eye exams
- Dry eye disease
- Glaucoma management
- Retinal screenings for diabetes and other conditions
- Autoimmune disease management
- Amblyopia, strabismus and other pediatric conditions
Research and book chapter contributions include;
- Intravitreal Bevacizumab as an Adjunct to Panretinal Photocoagulation in Diabetic Vitreous Hemorrhage. A. Toor, N.N Vaidya, R.L Lieberman, R.M. Fischer. Presented at 2007 Asia-ARVO conference, Singapore
- Additivity of Pilocarpine to Bimatoprost in Ocular Hypertension and Early Glaucoma. A. Toor, R.A. Chanis, L.A. Polikoff, M.M. Fahim, A. Sinha, J.B. Serle. Published in the Journal of Glaucoma 2005
- The Effectiveness of Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty in Lowering Intraocular Pressure. A. Toor, L.A. Polikoff, C. Coleman, J.B. Serle, A.S. Prywes, R.R. Rothman, C.H. Marcus, J. Weinstein. Presented at the American Academy of Ophthalmology 2004 Joint Meeting, New Orleans.
- The Effect of Varying Dosing Interval on the Efficacy of Intraocular Pressure Lowering Drugs. A. Toor, J.B. Serle, M.M Fahim, L.A. Polikoff, R.A. Chanis, A.P. Sinha, J.B Serle. Presented at 2004 ARVO conference, Ft Lauderdale.
- Toor, Ashish & Jabs, Douglas. Cytomegalovirus. Intraocular Inflammation, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, Jan 1st 2016, 1137-1152
- Los Robles Medical Center, Thousand Oaks
Dr. Toor speaks English, Spanish, and Hindi